What to do if you disagree with a decision

If you disagree with a decision we have made, you have the right to ask for a review.

The decisions include:

• not to accept your housing application,
• the band or priority date that you have been awarded,
• the suitability of a property you have been nominated for.

The first thing to do is to contact your local Homeseeker Plus team to discuss your application. There may be information that has not been taken into consideration or your circumstances may have changed since you first applied.

If you have spoken to your local team and are still not satisfied, there is a formal review process you can use.

Stage One - review

To request a Stage One review

  • You must complete a Stage 1 - Internal Review Request Form and when completed in full, send to the Housing Service at your local authority within 14 days of receiving your letter or notification.
  • We will deal with your request within 14 days or let you know if we will require additional time.
  • We will write to you with the outcome of the review within a further 7 days of being determined.

Stage Two - appeal

If you are still dissatisfied with the decision after a review by the senior officer, then you can ask for a stage two review. You should do this within 14 working days of the outcome of the stage one review.

You should request an appeal by completing the Stage 2 - Appeal Request Form and when completed in full, send to the Homeseeker Plus Co-ordinator at the address shown on the form.   Your form should set out your reasons for your appeal request, and you are encouraged to provide as much information as is possible in support of your case. A review panel made up of three officers from different Homeseeker Plus local authorities will look again at your housing application and re-consider the decision. If the appeal cannot be completed within 56 days, the officer will write to you, setting out the timescales of the appeal.

Again, if there circumstances that you want to be taken into account, then you may wish to send supporting evidence from, for example, your GP or support worker

If you are still dissatisfied after the stage two appeal, you can make a formal complaint to the partner dealing with your housing application.

For more details of the review process, please see the Homeseeker Plus Appeal Process.